Tuesday, April 9, 2013

#Handmade - Lace Wingspan


Update:


Some more photos from today - Noch ein paar Fotos von heute:



From Handmade


Next time I would def. NOT add those 3 small trangles!

Diese drei kleinen Dreiecke wuerde ich def. beim naechsten Mal nicht mehr dazu stricken!



From Handmade
From Handmade



Wanted to show you some Cormorants this morning & tell you that migration has started (a big flock of at least 80 birds this morning) and 2 Eagles yesterday (Booted?)

But,.... Anything Google isn't coping on my Computer right now. 
Will get more credit for the other Internet line and try with more speed. 
Until then I'm off the radar before I throw something out of the window. 
;-)
Have a great weekend everyone!

A 'Lace' Wingspan I finished last week. 

It's made from Leftover cotton yarn and is very comfy. 
Made a few mistakes & am not sure I would make the short triangles again, but this sure wasn't my last one. 
You can find the pattern via ravelry under 'Wingspan' and from there via link. Can't look it up right now since my Google decided to go sloooowwww motion on my computer :-/
(photo is a phonesnap, since nothing else works right now)
Despite the various patterns this is cool for beginners too. Interesting way
to learn patterns :-)


From Handmade
Notes from my Ravelry page

Easy to knit, beautiful patterns.
Even if you have never knitted Lace before, this is is a good start.
If I would do this again, I would probably not add the small triangles again.
Two Notes:
When it comes to stitching the Triangles together it says ’Knit 11 stitches’ (at the end of the last row of the small triangles), but you need to cast on 11 more stitches -then you knit the triangles together.
When you knit them together, I would suggest binding them off right away. Unless I understood the pattern wrong, it says it differently there.
So far, I would knit this again.
But I probably would leave the small triangles out, not sure of their purpose yet.
I also ended up using the stitch count for the original wingspan, instead of the Lace one, which made the long end a bit too short.

And some of the 'making of'


From Handmade
From Handmade
From Handmade
From Handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment